How to change with DVLA to motorcaravan?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #502
    Link: None

    Dear FTCCV,

    We are currently converting a van. It is L1 H1 but we want to be able to drive it at the maximum speed limits on motorways. We do not want to be limited to 60mph like other vans. We would like to ask you how we can successfully change this with the DVLA. We have read many things but it seems everyone has a different answer. If there is someone here who has successfully achieved this then we would really appreciate some help.

    Best wishes,


    Link: None

    You will need to fit a high top to your van, as a pop top will not be accepted



    Hi Ann,

    Without the hightop roof fitted the DVLA will not entertain the idea of changing your V5 to show the vehicle as a campervan.

    However, all is not quite lost. While the V5 gives the registration type of the vehicle, it does not have a direct effect on the speed limits. Those are taken from the C&U regulations.

    Take a look at the article here from Jerba Campervans, it explains it all quite well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.